Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Part 24 "A Bottle of Beer"

Michelle writes:
It's not all serious work here. On a lighter note, I wanted to buy a beer, as I am spending my evenings alone now that the South Dakota girls have left. I return to the hostel before dark and have the evening to myself. Anyway, I was going into the tiendas, little 7-11s, and looking in the coolers, but only saw pop and water. Finally at one tienda, the man behind the counter asked if I was looking for something special, so told him cerveza. He said to wait a minute and went to the cooler and dug behind the Coke to pull out a beer. I bought two! This appears to be a "dry" town, for the most part, with a lot of churches; it's different from Antigua in that respect.

Thanks for accompanying me on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment