Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy New Year

Michelle writes:
I'm not sure what calendar they follow, and my Internet access is intermittent so I can't do some research, but I wanted to share my photos. New Year's Day was Sunday, April 14. On Friday, I was still in Pokhara when we were caught up in the parade. 
Notice the cow
On Sunday, Lorraine and I were in Lumbini for the night time celebration. Food booths from the local hotels and monasteries were selling at really inexpensive prices. 
This vendor was making lassi, hand-blending yogurt. We wanted to sample it, but worried about the quality of water used for the ice.
Green AstroTurf ran down Main Street, and lights were strung precariously overhead, while music blasted from a PA system set on a stage. After dark, dancing commenced. Tourists and locals alike enjoyed the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment